Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Upcoming Challenge Centres

Hope your Hallowe'en was specatular....ours was lots of fun, but it is shocking to be in November!  I am busy figuring out who is coming to the next few challenge centres:  Personal Interest Projects and Book it!, our first book club in the challenge centre!

Personal Interest Projects will be held at the end of November, and here, students get to design and create their own project about an area or interest or passion that they may have.  I will be working with a great group of grade 6 and 7 students, I am sure, and I am excited to see what they are going to study.

As well, the response for Book It! was so overwhelming, that I am going to offer another section in the new year.  I will be dividing the groups between a grade 5-6 group and a grade 4 group.

For the book club, I am thinking of starting with The Mysterious Benedict Society, and then a classic, followed by an individual book of choice, and ending off with a group selected book.   Any ideas for novels  would be greatly appreciated.....

No comments: