Thursday, July 2, 2015

Classroom Set Up: the challenge begins

This week I am trying to get the physical layout of the classroom organized so that I can have a summer vacation and spend time with my family.


Here are the scroll up bulletin boards that cover the windows...I love this design feature.


I created the desk arrangement in order to see how the classroom flows.  I put the students in groups of 4. Right now, I have 7 groups as I believe I have 28 students coming!


Here is the library area.  I bought red bins for the books, and I haven't organized the library yet ( that will take some time).  I brought with me straw baskets from my old room and I am not sure how to integrate them appropriately, but I don't want to get rid of them as they are great for holding larger picture books.  This is definitely a work in progress.

Here is the teacher corner or teacher station:  desk in corner!  In the past, I have always decorated my room with primary colours:  red, blue, and yellow.  It has always worked for me and I love the strong colours together.   I am continuing to use that colour theme when possible this year.  As well, I usually strip every bulletin board and begin again, spending a great deal of money on "non fade" paper.  However, this time, I like the red and white paper already in place and it goes with my theme, so I left the paper up as it was in relatively good condition.  


I will need to get these chalkboards replaced with white boards this year.  Students will need a place to write and be creative and express themselves.

I will have a projector, a screen, and apple TV, however, I will eventually have a better white board, and hopefully a projector mounted on the wall. 

This corner needs lots of work...I will remove the blue paper, and I am trying to figure out whether or not to use these mailboxes for notices and letters for the students, or whether this will be a crowded corner that doesn't work.    I need to keep the area open as this is the entrance to the room.   Also, I  dislike the colour of the cubbies...I will need to either paint or find a solution to this yellow/mustard disaster..who ever thought this colour worked?


I will replace the blue paper on these roll down bulletin boards...I think I will match it up with the darker blue and trim with yellow boarders and apples.



No comments: