Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Technology and Teachers

Well, I would love to say that I am a technie, but sadly, I am not.  I am beginning to learn more about computers, but my husband laughs at me, as do my own sons.  It is challenging being a teacher and learning about computers.  Basically, I am on my feet all day, interacting with kids, and sadly, I don't have the time to muck around with computers.....so, for the last 18 years, I have learned sporadically.

Well, the Challenge Centre is getting a smart board, and we have gone wireless!!!  I am very excited as students can bring their own laptops, and do their research on line.  As well, I will have a more interactive way to teach; and I am learning more all the time. 

I would really like to get the challenge centre referrals and invitations on line so that we reduce the use of paper and can speed up the process.  We are working on this.

No comments: