Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Resource for Teachers


A common question I receive is "Could you recommend a book for classroom teachers on how to enrich their program for gifted learners.  A hands on, practical book would be best."

The best book to use as a starting point is Teaching Gifted Kids in the Regular Classroom




by Susan Winebrenner.  The book is a classic in gifted education, because it is practical, easy to read, and has implications for all learners.   Each chapter presents a specific strategy, and there are step by step instructions for implementing each strategy.   I highly recommend this resource as a place to start, and I encourage teachers to look at Susan Winebrenner's website in general as there are other resources and a few handouts.
You can find this book locally, or order through Amazon.  I have extra copies that I will lend out to teachers in Vancouver - you can email me or contact me here!







1 comment:

Sandra said...

My daughter was in your program this year and was very happy about it.
She passed Cognitive test earlier this year, but she was not accepted in MACC program and vas very disappointed. She has great support of her teacher who is creating some advanced tasks for her at school.
Do you know if she has to take test again to be considered for MACC next year?
I was trying to contact Gifted Program to give me these informations but I didn't get any responds yet.