Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year 2012


I am very excited that a new year is upon us.  It always makes me happy to reflect upon the past year, and move forward with new goals, ideas, and to be inspired by what is ahead.

I have just completed the invitations for "Astronomy Adventures" beginning in Mid January and I am trying to find time in my schedule to accept another 12 students in the program.  I will keep you posted whether or not this is a go ahead.

I have some very specific goals for the challenge centre this year.  I have framed them in terms of questions, so that I can ponder how we can service students in the best way possible.

1.  How can we enable schools to meet the needs of their highly able students?
2. How can I empower teachers to meet the needs of their students in their classrooms?
3. How can we use 21st Learning Framework to guide our practice in gifted education?

The big question for me IS:

How can we empower students and schools even if we can not service them in the Challenge Centre? 

These are questions that I will explore professionally this year, as well as my most important ponder:

Who are the gifted and is our understanding of this construct changing?  


So, I will keep you posted while our team tries to problem solve around these issues and give clarity to our profession, teachers, parents, and students.

No comments: