Saturday, June 2, 2012

Summer...really?

Two weekends ago we were skiing at Whistler....so it is hard for me to believe that the school year is nearly over!  Is summer really around the corner?

I am teaching my last group of students next week in the challenge centre called "Discovering Science" - a great hands on experience for grade one students.

I am behind on all my reports; so schools, please understand that reports will be issued for all programs that were held after spring break.  Many of them are sitting on my computer's desk top; I need to print and send to schools when I have the time.

Next, I will be creating the programs for the 2012-13 school year, shortly.  We are trying to find ways of submitting applications that is easier for all schools.  One idea we are toying with is for schools to apply on behalf of their students at a certain deadline, and suggest what areas the student would benefit from:  writing, reading, a science program, a math program, etc.  This would be instead of applying for a specific program. However, I am not sure how we could manage this, as most programs have a wait-list of 30-60 students.  Would we forward their application on to other programs? How can we ensure that student gets a program?

Finally, I am getting trained to be an IB teacher in the Middle Years Program this summer, as well as talking a course in excel (so that I can be more efficient in tracking students!).  It looks like it is going to be a busy summer!

 

No comments: