Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Welcome to Term Three

Welcome back to school.  I am busy getting term three up and running at the Challenge Centre. What is happening this term?

1.   Operation Civilization Challenge centre. This is a program for grades 3 and 4 students (there was a typo in the manual that suggested the program was for grades 4 and 5 students - I apologize for not catching this before it went to print!).  I will let the schools know the students for this program over the next week.

2.   The Future is Wild Program begins next week and runs for 4 days.  Looking forward to working with these young naturalists!

3. I rescheduled the last Book It! Program for grades 5/6/7.  We missed our last day due to job action, so I have rescheduled the program for Monday April 16th. I can't wait to finish off the book club with these amazing readers.

4. We have other programs coming up for the primary students:  please get the applications in for:  Discovering Science Gr. 1; Gizmos and Gadgets Gr. 2/3; Poetic Picassos Grade 2.


3.  Book Club Gr. 4's:  we still have three more sessions with these fantastic readers!

5.  For teachers who applied for "Exploring Identities":  there was a small amount of applications received, but I may be able to offer a program some time in April (I will keep you posted).


So it looks like it will be an exciting term!  I am looking forward to working with students again!

No comments: