Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November is Here!

After a long break from blogging, I am back to it. It has been a really busy month and I just haven't been able to get to my computer, or find the necessary down time to focus.   

Our VSB gifted programs are underway, and the next month will be busy with two programs:  "Images of Greatness" and "The Great Debate".

Thank you for all of the schools who sent in their referrals for term one.  To stream-line the process, we have two due dates this year for programs:  Oct. 26th and Jan. 23rd.  Over the last two weeks, I have been trying to place students in programs, send out invitations, and do all the paperwork  involved in having students attend our programs.  We are working on a way to stream-line this process.  It seems like such an ancient process to have teachers fill out paper documents and then mail them to us; I hope that we can get this process on line and be paper-less in the future...I really want this to happen.

Finally, I have just sent out the invitations to "Images of Greatness".  I am looking forward to working with students next week and I encourage them to start thinking about leadership and people who have made contributions to our society.  

Students, see you next week!!!

No comments: