Monday, June 20, 2011

The Impact of Dad


My Dad was my hero; I was his special daughter, and we were close.  He was the one who loved me unconditionally.  When you are loved like that, the world is a great place.  

In the days, we would watch the US Open on Father's Day weekend.  

Now that he is gone, I look to my own husband, and realize the impact he has on our family.  The moral compass.  The boys are watching, and learning all the time.  When they were young, I was the focus and Dad was there, but as they get older, they still need me, but they need their Father even more.  He is their role model.  How they approach the world is modeled by their Dad.  

So thank you Dad, for carrying the torch and passing down your ideals.  I think of you every day and miss you.   I just wish you could see the boys as they grow; you would be in awe of them...and you would get a huge "kick" out of their antics.  I tell them constantly about you!

Speaking of great Dads, check out this graduation speech by the Principal Gino Bondi at John Oliver Secondary...an exemplary Dad and Principal....a wonderful message for our students!

Cheers to the Dads in our lives, past and present!



No comments: