Sunday, April 10, 2011

A good resource for concepts such as motion, forces, gravity




I am excited to be working with students over the next few weeks (4 sessions) on concepts such as motion, gravity, balance, and spin.  We will be looking at Newton's three laws of motion, inventions, and I will introduce them to Rube Goldberg.  For most of the unit, I have referred to this great resource called "Gizmos and Gadgets" written by Jill Frankel Hauser.  It is a great resource for teachers and for parents alike.  I will be posting during the week, showcasing some of things we create together.

Here's a link where to buy it, but I am sure you can find it locally as well.  If you are a teacher and want to borrow this resource from me, please let me know (we lend out all our resources at the Challenge Centre) by emailing me!

Gizmos and Gadgets 




1 comment:

Carrie Gelson said...

Looking forward to what your students end up doing! Looks like a fun few weeks!