Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Social and Emotional Needs of Gifted Students

 I was meant to organize a workshop on the Social and Emotional Needs of Gifted Students.  However, the term ran away from me, and I didn't get my resources together in time to create a workshop.  I am adding this to my huge list of things to do, and hopefully, in the fall, I will deliver on the workshop! 

The social/emotional needs of gifted students is an area that I am very interested and passionate about. Sensitivity, perfectionism, and anxiety are often huge areas of concern for the gifted child and the parents of these children. 

So, looking at the social and emotional needs, in a general sense, here are some great places to start:

1.  A synopsis of Tracy L. Cross's book "The Social and Emotional Lives of Gifted Kids"  and Practical Advice for Guiding Gifted Children

2.  Here is an interesting blog post 10 Social and Emotional Needs of the Gifted 
at Byrdseed Gifted.

3. The SENG website (Social Emotional Needs of Gifted) has many articles that can be downloaded. 

I will be compiling more resources and information on this topic in the near future (let's say...summer....when I have some time to focus on the larger tasks).

Let me know if you have any great resources on this topic.  I would be very interested in sharing.
 

No comments: