Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thank you Brock Students

It is always a treat to work with students from Brock Elementary where I am a staff member because:

I get to meet fantastic students whom I can make connections with.  What a great group!  Sometimes it is challenging to be at a school and working with learners from all over the district; however, I love meeting so many creative and wonderful students all the time.
Today, the Brock students shared their favourite books or stories with me.  I opened up the discussion with, "What is your favourite book?".  Delightedly, the students brought in their books and explained why they like the book. 

It is always great to share reading with each other!

I wish that I had more time to incorporate reading activities into my program like Ms. Gelson,  a creative, wonderful teacher who has the most fantastic blog about reading, books, and activities to do with students.  Ms. Gelson knows books, and knows how to ask the right questions about reading to engage students.  Powerful stuff. High Level.  Fantastic.









No comments: